ASU THREE RIVERS: COVID-19 UPDATE
Monday, March 16, 2020 | 4:00 p.m.
The following is the latest update on the College’s strategy to minimize the exposure to Coronavirus on campus. As new information continues to come in, please be patient as we try to make the best decisions for ASU Three Rivers.
- The campus is open this week, March 16th-20th. Everyone is expected to report to work as usual. At present, the College plans for all buildings to remain open. Some computer labs on campus will remain open this week for student usage; including labs in the Arts and Sciences Center and Health Sciences building. Effective immediately, the ASU Three Rivers Library will be open to faculty, staff and students ONLY until further notice. Social distancing will be practiced. Please use outside drop box to return any materials. Again, campus is open and students are allowed to access our services.
- This week, Career Center students are exempt from all lessons through Friday, March 20, and next week is Spring Break. IF the Governor extends K-12 class mandatory closing beyond March 30, students would need to log in to Blackboard using their computer login and password that was given to them in the Fall semester. The students should check their email as the instructors are to contact the students regarding the details for their class. Contact information for their instructors will be updated on the College website by Friday, March 20.
- Spring Break Week, March 23rd-27th, the campus will be closed. However, all full-time employees will be expected to work remotely on the three days the campus was scheduled to be opened.
- All community activities and community meetings will be suspended until March 30, at which time the College will reevaluate. Additional cancellation notices have been sent to relevant parties.
- We are asking federal work study students to NOT report to work this week. The Federal Government has announced students on federal work study will continue to be paid during this time.
- Part-Time employees WILL report to work this week.
- Please practice “Social Distancing”. Try to keep six feet between yourself and others. Shaking hands and physical contact is discouraged.
- ALL announcements concerning work conditions and/or closings of any part of the College will come through the Chancellor and/or the Public Relations department.
In-Person College Classes to be delivered online or other alternative delivery method through remainder of semester
Friday, March 13, 2020 | 4:00 p.m.
After careful consideration and out of an abundance of caution, ASU Three Rivers is suspending campus-based, in-person classes and moving all instruction into the online learning environment. This change is effective immediately and will continue for the remainder of the semester.
Students: Your faculty member will be in contact with you through Blackboard and/or ASUTR email regarding information on the alternative method of instruction. Some classes with lab requirements cannot be moved online, therefore, these lab requirements will be handled on a case-by-case basis with make-up time, etc. Instructions will be given from the instructors on how these classes will proceed.
It is important to note that the ASU Three Rivers campus will NOT be closed next week. All offices will remain open March 16th-20th. ASU Three Rivers will continue to have students on campus as we serve our high school career center and cosmetology students. Some computer labs on campus will remain open next week for student usage; including labs in the Arts and Sciences Center, Health Sciences building, and Library. Also, ASU Three Rivers Adult Education classes in Malvern and Arkadelphia will remain open for the time being.
As mentioned in a previous COVID-19 update, the campus will be closed the week of Spring Break, March 23rd-27th, to everyone but essential personnel conducting critical functions, as our custodial contractor performs a “deep clean” prior to our return from Spring Break.
The coming weeks and possibly months will require a great deal of flexibility and understanding as ASU Three Rivers works through this situation. We continue to monitor and adjust our efforts, keeping the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and community in the forefront. All updates can be found at www.asutr.edu.
For the latest information on COVID-19, visit the CDC’s website.
ASU THREE RIVERS TAKING PRECAUTIONS AGAINST COVID-19
Thursday, March 12, 2020 | 4:00 p.m.
The administration of Arkansas State University Three Rivers is concerned about the health and wellbeing of our students, faculty, staff and community. We have been closely monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 virus. In an effort to minimize the spread in our area, we are taking the following precautions:
- ALL Nursing clinical are cancelled beginning Friday, March 13, until further notice.
- ASUTR Adult Ed at Sheridan will be closed beginning Friday, March 13 and will reopen Monday, March 30.
- The campus will be closed the week of Spring Break, March 23 – 27. We discourage all employees from coming to campus with the exception of those conducting critical functions.
- All out of state travel conducted for business is suspended until April 10.
- Additional hand sanitizers have been placed throughout campus and public surfaces are being cleaned on a daily basis.
We believe this situation will evolve further over the next few days and weeks, which means more preventative measures, could be initiated. Please continuously check your college email and the ASU Three Rivers webpage and Facebook page for updates.