Workforce Alliance for Growth in the Economy (WAGE™)
WAGE™ is a free job readiness training program offered exclusively through Arkansas Adult Education programs (funded through Arkansas Department of Career Education). The program is free to job seekers, current employees, and employers. All Adult Education programs are funded through taxpayer dollars.
There are six state issued, stackable certificates available:
- Customer Service I
- Customer Service II
- Office Technology (formerly Clerical)
- Bank Teller
Certificate requirements include:
- Basic reading, math, language, and communication skills
- TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) assessment
- WAGE™ test covering WAGE competencies in each area
- Basic computer & keyboarding skills
- Job Readiness skills
- Workplace Ethics, Teamwork, & Customer Service skills
- Spatial Relations, Manual Dexterity, & Mechanical Aptitude
A local Advisory Board made up of local employers, service providers, and community members from Hot Spring, Grant, and Clark Counties assist in making decisions about local employment needs for a well trained workforce.
The WAGE™ program also conducts Literacy Task Analysis (LTA) for local employers on positions at the entry level or those with a high turn-over rate.
WAGE™ instructors are all state certified teachers who are trained in the WAGE™ curriculum and are available to conduct LTAs for local employers.
The WAGE™ program also provides Basic Computer Literacy and assistance in preparing for Microsoft IT Academy, and Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
For additional information, contact Jan Robertson, WAGE™ Coordinator at 501-332-1912 or jrobertson [at] asutr.edu.