Please contact us for future class dates. ASUTR CAST Building, 829 MLK BLVD, Malvern, AR 72104
This program is designed for managers in all functional areas and in all industry types who were not trained in accounting and finance, but have responsibilities in those areas. It is for managers who want to gain a better understanding of the financial side of business. Participants will develop a better understanding and appreciation of important financial indicators, explore how these factors affect a company’s bottom line, and see ways to use this information in making better business decisions.
Some specific subjects covered in the program include:
- Overview of the goal of maximizing the value of the business to owners or shareholders
- Understanding the rules of the game – accounting conventions of revenue recognition and the matching concept
- Examining the relationship between the balance sheet and both the income and cash flow statements, examining assets, expenses, and cash flow categories
- Introduction of financial performance measures which illustrate the relationship of the balance sheet and income statement to overall return on assets
- Examining asset and liquidity category performance measures such as inventory turnover, days of inventory sales, aging accounts receivable, average collection days, working capital, quick ratio, current ratio, and degree of financial leverage, return on assets, and return on equity
- Understanding contribution margin versus gross profit comparisons – concepts of fixed and variable costs leading to Break even analysis
- Time value of money – net present value, discounted cash flow, and internal rate of return
The financial statements tell a story about the company's financial history, it’s current condition, as well as, providing essential data to forecast its future. The program helps participants better understand that story.
The class is be taught by Tom Maddox, CFO for Primeline in Malvern, AR. Tom has over 35 years’ experience in manufacturing and has taught business and accounting courses for several colleges and universities, including National Park College, Ozarka College, Harding University, and Amber University. Tom has an MBA from University of Memphis, BBA from Harding University, and he is a Certified Public Accountant with over 1000 hours of continuing professional education..
Classes are located at the College’s Center for Applied Science Technology (CAST) building at 829 Martin Luther King Blvd, Malvern, AR 72104. Each class is four hours in length and costs $79 per student per class; registering more than one student is $69 each. Register here; for more information please contact Laurie Hawthorne at 501.332.0236 or email lhawthorne [at] asutr.edu.
Space is limited, so please register early to reserve your seat! Payment may be invoiced to the company or paid to the business office before each class.